- Major improved version of partykit. The previously existing
functions in the package were tested and enhanced, new functions
and extensive vignettes added.
- Extended and improved introductory documentation. The basic classes
and class constructors partynode/partysplit/party are introduced in
much more detail now in vignette("partykit", package = "partykit").
- The class constparty (inheriting from party) for representing party
objects with constant fits in the nodes (along with coercion
methods for rpart, J48, etc.) is now described in more detail in
the new vignette("constparty", package = "partykit").
- The package now includes a reimplementation of the model-based
recursive partitioning algorithm (MOB) using partykit
infrastructure. The generic algorithm, the corresponding
convenience interfaces lmtree() and glmtree() as well as various
illustrations and possible extensions are described in detail in
the new vignette("mob", package = "partykit").
- Improved implementation of conditional inference trees (CTree), see
the new vignette("ctree", package = "partykit") for details.
- New nodeprune() generic for pruning nodes in all party trees and
- Deal with empty levels in ctree() for teststat = "quad" (bug
reported by Wei-Yin Loh ).
- In predict() method for constparty objects, type = "prob" now
returns ECDF for numeric responses and type = "response" the
- New panel function node_ecdf() for plotting empirical cumulative
distribution functions in the terminal leaves of constparty trees.